Membership fees directly support the work of the association which is focused primarily on the promotion of independent research and the communication with regulators.
Euro IRP has established itself as the recognised voice of the European independent research industry, representing the interests of independent research providers. The support of the membership enables sustained communications with regulators and government representatives providing a strong lobbying voice committed to improving the regulatory and fiscal environment for its membership to operate in.
Regulatory and industry briefings are circulated to the membership as it is digested by the board, who review and respond, on behalf of Euro IRP, to all regulatory consultation and discussion papers affecting the independent research industry.
Events are held throughout the membership year, either organised by Euro IRP exclusively for the membership, in conjunction with third party providers, or through developing working partnerships which enable member firms to attend and take part in events without charge. These events include:
- Annual General Meeting – held in April with guest speaker and member drinks
- Chairman’s call – conference call twice yearly providing an update to the membership on regulatory and industry news
- Quarterly Opinion Former and Networking breakfasts – discussions of hot topics raised by members and discussed by members. Often facilitated by industry experts. An opportunity to network and learn best practice from the experience of peers.
- Other Exclusive Member Events – breakfast and lunch briefing sessions, examples have been:
- Breakfast Briefing “View from the West” with Sandy Bragg, Principal, Integrity Research
- Lunch Briefing “View of the Independents – Extel Survey” presentation by Extel
- Breakfast Briefing “Being Social” workshop with FTI Consulting
- Lunch Briefing with Neil Scarth, Frost Consulting “Impact of research budgeting and valuation”
- Third party provider presentations – introducing members to developments in the evolution of the marketplace and collective purchasing opportunities
- Annual Independent Research Conference, held in London, with speaker, networking and marketing and sponsorship opportunities for Euro IRP member firms
Member firms are listed on the Euro IRP website’s membership listing (www.euroirp.com/members) as well as the Euro IRP Directory (www.euroirp.com/directory) and the Euro IRP App. These listings are free to all fully paid members.
Essentially, Euro IRP members join a “community” in which information is exchanged on issues that affect the independent research industry. Within this community member firms have the opportunity to promote their research, network within the industry, share experiences and discuss current economic viewpoints with other members, as well as the membership benefits mentioned above. Importantly, membership supports Euro IRP’s work to promote European independent research and develop a collective voice to communicate with regulators to enhance the regulatory and fiscal environment all our members strive to succeed within.